Kristi Eaton, Condé Nast Traveler

Kristi Eaton

Condé Nast Traveler

Tulsa, OK, United States

Contact Kristi

Discover and connect with journalists and influencers around the world, save time on email research, monitor the news, and more.

Start free trial

  • Unknown
  • Condé Nast Traveler
  • Next City
  • Business Insider
  • Quad-City Times
  • Reasons to be Cheerful
  • NBC News
  • Latino Rebels
  • Shareable
  • Rewire News Group
  • seattlepi
  • and more…

Past articles by Kristi:

Where to Eat, Stay, and Play in Burgeoning Chickasaw Nation, Oklahoma

Get to know the Chickasaw Nation of south-central Oklahoma through its businesses and experiences by Indigenous citizens. → Read More

The Best Things to Do in Tulsa, Oklahoma

Once the oil capital of the world, Oklahoma's second-biggest city now offers a blend of global cultures and heartland charm. → Read More

Places of Worship Tackle the Affordable Housing Shortage

The Southeast Tabernacle Baptist Church in Washington D.C. wants to add nearly 80 rental units on its land in an underserved neighborhood. → Read More

I'm an electrician in Oklahoma, where snowstorms rarely hit but can be dangerous. Here's what my job is like.

Clayton Helvy says he worked from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. on Tuesday to fix a burned-out utility pole that was affecting power for dozens of people. → Read More

‘Convenience Store Healthcare’ Is Expanding

What urgent care clinics like Tulsa's MedWise can do to advance health equity. → Read More

This Puerto Rican Farm-to-Fork App Is Creating Sustainable Food Systems

Puerto Rico imports 85% of its food. This app helps people buy the other 15%. → Read More

Hotels rethink the concierge: From selfies to sustainability

Looking to increase your vacation selfie game? Don’t worry, Eduardo Vallin has you covered. → Read More

An “Exchange Program With a Twist” Lets Teens Experience a Different America

"You never actually leave America," says American Exchange Project executive director David McCullough, III. "We send students to towns that are demographically and geographically very different from where they are.” → Read More

What to Do in Oklahoma City, From Native American Museums to Buzzy Vietnamese Food

Oklahoma City, the state's capital, has a thriving riverfront district and new boutique hotels. → Read More

Farming Helps Refugees Put Down New Roots

New Roots for Refugees in Kansas City, Kansas helps refugees build a new home — and bring in extra income. → Read More

To Save Cherokee Language, This Program Pays People to Learn It

With only 2,000 fluent speakers left, the tribe is enlisting people with an affinity for the culture to help preserve it. → Read More

How a program in Bangladesh is preparing garment workers for college

Pathways to Promise eliminates many of the barriers women in the developing world face to getting a university education, including cost and academic preparation. → Read More

How Tulsa Is Reconnecting Immigrants and Refugees to High-Skill Careers

Many of the city's immigrants already hold advanced degrees. → Read More

A Latino Neighborhood in Oklahoma Is Honored for Its Vibrancy

In October, the National Main Street Center, a part of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, announced Kendall Whittier Main Street (KWMS) as one of three community winners of the Great Ame… → Read More

How to Plan a Trip to Cherokee Nation

The largest tribal nation in the U.S., located in Oklahoma, is full of historical sites, Cherokee-owned hotels and restaurants, and outdoor activities. → Read More

Meet the Tour Guides Spotlighting Oklahoma's Black History

Many travelers drive right past Oklahoma's historic Black towns. These guides—and their tours—are trying to change that, by shining a light on the state's Black history. → Read More

Women-led mutual aid initiatives in the age of COVID-19

Throughout history, women have played key roles in advocating for those around them. Today, those ideals are helping to spur activism amid COVID-19. → Read More

In Oklahoma, a Myanmar refugee community worries about Trump's expanded travel ban

Under Trump's new travel ban extension, immigrants from six countries will face restrictions. → Read More

Oklahoma Has a New Law Banning the Shackling of Pregnant Women. Will It Make a Difference?

One woman who was shackled during labor while incarcerated worried that officers may not be held accountable when it came to the new law. "They just don’t always follow and they don’t view you as a person,” she said. → Read More

Remember ‘Uncaring Lawmakers in November,’ Say Oklahoma Teachers Unsatisfied With Walkout’s End

“I felt like the timing was really off and I don’t think it’s what the majority of the membership wanted,” said one teacher. → Read More