Zane Razzaq, MetroWest Daily News

Zane Razzaq

MetroWest Daily News

Boston, MA, United States

Contact Zane

Discover and connect with journalists and influencers around the world, save time on email research, monitor the news, and more.

Start free trial

Recent:
  • MetroWest Daily News
Past:
  • Milford Daily News
  • WickedLocal
  • The Herald News
  • The Enterprise
  • Arlington Advocate
  • The Patriot Ledger

Recent articles by Zane:

FSU to launch digital humanities center after winning $192K grant from NEH

Framingham State University will launch a digital humanities center after winning a $192,000 grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities. → Read More

Principal at Framingham's Harmony Grove School to take Tewksbury post

After three years in Framingham, Purnima DeMorais has accepted a position as an administrator in Tewksbury Public Schools. → Read More

Marlborough School Committee votes to not have homework be graded

The Marlborough School Committee unanimously passed a policy on Tuesday that calls for homework to not be assigned a grade. → Read More

Will a new program increase access to college? Framingham and Milford students say it does.

MetroWest Scholars Early-Start makes one crucial tweak from similar programs in that it begins in middle school. → Read More

Blake Lukis to step down on Oct. 29 as Framingham's public works director

Blake Lukis, the Framingham director of Public Works, will step down from his role at the end of the month. → Read More

In statement against hate, Framingham celebrates Indigenous Peoples Day

About 100 people, including members of the Nipmuc Nation, gathered to take part in the ceremony at McCarthy Elementary School Monday afternoon. → Read More

Sudbury Commission on Disability aims to educate residents during Disability Awareness Month

The commission will hold several events during and beyond Disability Awareness Month including educating attendees at on "invisible" disabilities. → Read More

Framingham State nears 100% vax compliance; three students withdrew due to mandate

96.2% of the Framingham State University student body is fully vaccinated and the remaining 3.8% are on their way to compliance. → Read More

'Fired up': Audit says Framingham schools fall short in Title IX compliance

The district voluntarily offered to hire an outside consultant last year to resolve an April 2018 Title IX complaint. → Read More

No more 9 to 5: Framingham couple convert a school bus into a tiny home. See inside 'Sage'

William Burgos and Jennifer Gahres hope to take their new home on the road this spring. → Read More

Imagination is a tool in fighting climate change, says Framingham professor Vandana Singh

Vandana Singh is one of Arizona State University's Center for Science and the Imagination's inaugural Climate Imagination Fellows. → Read More

COVID-19 testing site to open Monday at Ashland commuter rail station

The new site will offer drive-through COVID-19 testing. → Read More

COVID-19 testing site to open Monday at Ashland commuter rail station

The new site will offer drive-through COVID-19 testing. → Read More

MassBay breaks ground on new $54.5M health sciences building in Framingham

MassBay President David Podell said the "state-of-the-art" building will "advance opportunities across the educational spectrum." → Read More

Fuller School's auditorium to be formally named for state Rep. Walsh on Friday

The auditorium will be named the Chris Walsh Performing Arts Center in honor of the late state representative. → Read More

MassBay's rent for Farley building will now go directly to Framingham schools

MassBay's rent money will now be sent directly to the schools, after being sent to the city general fund since FY11. → Read More

State: Mask mandate for Massachusetts public schools extended

The state has extended the mask mandate for all public K-12 students, educators, and staff through at least Nov. 1. → Read More

Judge partially dismisses former L-S student's lawsuit claiming he was denied due process

A judge partially dismissed former Lincoln-Sudbury student's lawsuit alleging the district violated his rights when he was accused of sexual assault. → Read More

Sudbury's Haynes honored as a Blue Ribbon school; Weston, Wellesley schools also cited

Haynes Elementary School in Sudbury, Weston Middle School, and Hardy Elementary School in Wellesley were among the five Massachusetts schools honored. → Read More

Will Framingham parents get kids the vaccine when approval comes? Here's what they say.

Pfizer-BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective for children ages 5 to 11 at one-third the dose used in adolescents and adults. → Read More