Jessie Degollado, KSAT 12

Jessie Degollado


Contact Jessie

Discover and connect with journalists and influencers around the world, save time on email research, monitor the news, and more.

Start free trial

  • Unknown
  • KSAT 12

Past articles by Jessie:

Delayed wedding plans new normal amid coronavirus pandemic

Wedding venues must be more flexible about delayed plans as the coronavirus has forced many couples to put off their plans for now. → Read More

Northside ISD looks for ‘gaps in learning, basic needs’

While 92% of Northside ISD students are participating in online learning, it’s the remaining 8% of students who aren’t connected that worry district officials. → Read More

More changes likely if dining in resumes in restaurants

A local restaurant industry leader said if dine-in service is allowed to resume in eateries, it will be a gradual process. → Read More

Teacher’s new normal after five weeks of distance learning

Many teachers can probably relate to Meredith Thomas’ “new normal” since distance learning began five weeks ago in the Northeast Independent School District. → Read More

Local nonprofit hopes Congress will approve additional funds for Paycheck Protection Program

If the U.S. Congress passes a $480 billion COVID-19 economic stimulus package on Thursday, the leader of a local nonprofit organization that helps finance new small business and startup companies said the funds for the depleted Paycheck Protection Program might be available by Monday. → Read More

San Antonio Humane Society extends El Rey Fido deadline

Fiesta may have been postponed this year, yet the San Antonio Humane Society is still going ahead with what has been one of its biggest fundraisers of the year, the nominations for El Rey Fido. → Read More

LiftFund still processing Paycheck Protection Program loan applications

Two days after Governor Greg Abbott’s announcement Monday that the federal Paycheck Protection Program would be the focus of his small business initiative, the U.S. Small Business Administration reported nearly $350 billion in PPP funds had been depleted. → Read More

#SupportLocal new campaign in response to COVID-19 impact

Maverick Distillery’s trendy bar and restaurant on Broadway, hit by the impact from COVID-19, continues to sell its well-known whiskey and other spirits curbside. → Read More

Local innovation hub has important role in fight against COVID-19

VelocityTX is the innovation arm of the Texas Research and Development Foundation → Read More

Art remains focus of Henry Ford Academy’s virtual learning

The Alameda School for Art+Design at the Henry Ford Academy has kept art as its focus even while its students are engaged in virtual learning from home. → Read More

Churches adjust from filled pews to online services this Easter

The coronavirus pandemic reality has changed the way many churches of all faiths are trying to reach as many people of faith as they can using technology and television. → Read More

Chris Perez reflects on his life with, without Selena, and her legacy 25 years later

Chris Perez opens up about his marriage and how it took years for him to comfortably talk about Selena. → Read More

COVID-19 pandemic deals devastating blow to San Antonio’s hotel industry

The CEO of Hotel Emma said occupancy for Easter Weekend is "next to nothing." → Read More

Business owner: River Walk looks like ‘the apocalypse’

Once the place to visit, along with the Alamo, San Antonio’s famed River Walk “looks like the apocalypse,” said one business owner. → Read More

Emergency rental assistance program to help unemployed San Antonians pay rent amid coronavirus pandemic

The emergency rental assistance program is a combined effort by the San Antonio Apartment Association, the city of San Antonio and philanthropic organizations. → Read More

Need a smile? Jokester son sends mom unexpected serenade

Priscilla Siniff says every April Fool's Day "creeps up on me. I'm never ready for it." → Read More

Census Day is no April Fool’s joke

Census Day, April 1, is not a deadline, it's a reminder, said Michael Cook, chief spokesman for the U.S. Census Bureau. → Read More

Upcoming elections in Bexar County, San Antonio impacted by COVID-19

What was expected to be a very busy election season is now a matter of “wait and see,” said Bexar County Elections Administrator Jacque Callanen. → Read More

Blood supply dramatically impacted by coronavirus fears

Aware that potential donors these days need reassurance it’s safe to give blood, the South Texas Blood and Tissue Center has taken extra precautions during its blood drive that wraps up Wednesday. → Read More

Restaurant trying to protect patrons, staff from potential spread

Restaurants are exempt from 50-person limit indoors, said Mayor Ron Nirenberg. Many restaurant owners want to avoid temporary closures due to avoid potentially spreading the coronavirus. → Read More