Sgt. Troy Christianson, Post-Bulletin

Sgt. Troy Christianson


United States

Contact Sgt.

Discover and connect with journalists and influencers around the world, save time on email research, monitor the news, and more.

Start free trial

  • Unknown
  • Post-Bulletin
  • Winona Daily News

Past articles by Sgt.:

Can a driver be cited for being tired?

A drowsy driver is an unsafe driver. → Read More

How do you determine if your tires are unsafe for winter driving?

Keep an eye on your tires. Check your tire pressure often as it can be as much as 50% underinflated before it is visibly noticeable. → Read More

What is Crash Responder Safety Week?

Whether you are responding to a crash, involved in a crash, or passing by a crash, we all need to do our part to be sure that everyone makes it home safely. → Read More

Do I need a working horn on my vehicle?

Minnesota law says it’s legal to honk a horn when it’s “reasonably necessary to ensure safe operation” on the road. → Read More

Are my headlights legal in Minnesota?

It is important to make sure the headlights are properly aimed on your vehicle so you get the most light as possible on the roadway when you are driving. → Read More

Can you give some advice on driving in fog?

Minnesota law states that every vehicle on a roadway shall display lighted headlamps, lighted tail lamps, and illuminating devices from sunset to sunrise. → Read More

Why are loud motorcycles allowed to operate on Minnesota highways?

Many counties and cities have local noise ordinances. A noise ordinance defines which sounds are and are not acceptable at any given time. → Read More

Is it legal to haul gas cans on an extended carrier?

Vehicle fires tend to burn quickly when ignited by an outside source, electrical problem or engine fire. → Read More

What should be checked on a trailer before a trip?

State Troopers often encounter motorists pulling trailers that are experiencing breakdowns. → Read More

Do I need to worry about my 'junked' vehicle?

If you sold your vehicle to licensed motor vehicle dealer, you don’t have to do anything. → Read More

What do I need to know about proof of insurance while driving?

The driver of the vehicle is required to provide current proof of insurance on a vehicle. → Read More

Why are loud motorcycles allowed to operate on Minnesota highways?

After market mufflers, sometimes called “glass packs” or “cherry bombs,” can be an issue as they may produce “a sharp popping or crackling sound.” → Read More

Do I need a wideload permit to haul a boat lift that is over 9 feet wide?

Short answer: Yes. → Read More

When do I need to register my vehicle after moving to Minnesota?

Once you become a resident of Minnesota, you have up to 60 days to obtain your Minnesota driver’s license and register your vehicle(s). → Read More

Spring riding is here. Can you talk about motorcycle safety?

Wearing proper protective gear can help keep you safe in case of a crash, but having good riding skills can prevent a crash from happening in the first place. → Read More

How do I protect myself after selling a vehicle to a private party?

When you sell a vehicle, you (owner/seller) are responsible for filing the “Notice of Sale” within ten days of the sale. → Read More

What's the law on fog lights?

Anytime your vehicle’s height is altered by adding larger tires/rims or any type of suspension lift, your headlights and fog lights may need to be adjusted so they are not blinding to other motorists. → Read More

Is it legal to have a dog on your lap while driving?

For your pet’s safety and the safety of all passengers in the vehicle, take the extra time and effort to properly secure your pets so you can drive smart by always paying attention behind the wheel. → Read More

Do I need to have a front license plate on my vehicle in Minnesota?

Vehicles that are allowed to display only one license plate include motorcycles, a dealer’s vehicle or vehicle in-transit, classic car, collector car or a vehicle that is of model year 1972 or earlier that is not registered as a collector vehicle and is used for general transportation purpose. → Read More

Is there a law against plowing or blowing snow onto a public road?

Activities such as plowing, blowing or shoveling snow on to public roads is prohibited. This includes the ditch and right-of-way area along the roads. → Read More